Over September we were looking at issues that concern the animals across the world for our Animal Welfare Month. We’ve explored our oceans, jungles, islands and ice caps as well as examining welfare issues affecting animals closer to home.
There were a lot of animal welfare stories in the news over the course of the month. The Badger Cull’s second phase started, despite fierce opposition and the abject failure of the first attempt. Last month also saw the tragic fire at the Manchester Dogs’ Home. Animal Friends Pet Insurance (along with thousands of others) donated to help get the shelter back on its feet, though it is little consolation for the volunteers and employees who know the canine victims of this senseless crime.
Though September was our official Animal Welfare Month, animal welfare is at the heart of what we do. To read more about some of the news stories and issues mentioned above click some of the links below!
- The Badger Cull: What Do We Know?
- The Illegal Wildlife Trade Part 1
- The Illegal Wildlife Trade Part 2
- A Discussion of Animal Cloning
- Climate Change
- Ocean Conservation: Marine Life
- Ocean Conservation: Pollution
- Endangered Species Spotlight: The Saola
- Endangered Species Spotlight: The Amur Leopard
- Endangered Species Spotlight: The Vaquita
- Endangered Species spotlight: The Northern Sportive Lemur
- Endangered Species Spotlight: The Sumatran Tiger
- Are laws regarding animal abuse tough enough?
- The Cost of Owning a Pet
- The Manchester Dog’s Home Fire: And the Two Sides of Human Nature
- Taking a Look at Animal Heroes
- How to Balance Your Pet with Your Lifestyle
- “Add-to-Basket”: The Problem with Buying Pets Online
- What to Do If You Suspect a Pet Is Being Abused
- What to Do If You Come Across an Unfamiliar Pet